Last Updated: March 16, 2016
MESSAGE TO PARENTS AND CHILDREN: The Services are not to be used by persons under the age of eighteen. If minors wish to use the Services in any manner which requires them to submit their personal information, such minors must have their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) do so on their behalf. We reserve the right to confirm that consent in our sole discretion.
1. Information Collection
(a) Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account (if applicable), participate in a survey, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us on the Services. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, information about your family members (such as when you schedule an appointment for a family member), and any other information you choose to provide.
Before providing any information about family members or other individuals, please ensure you have obtained their consent to provide their personal data or information to us.
(b) Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, general location information (e.g., city, county, and/or state), and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images or other computer codes that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and the effectiveness of our communications and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Preferences” below.
2. Use of Information. We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by EMFC and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest, sweepstakes, and other promotional entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. Processing & Transferring of Information.
EMFC, whose registered office is at Vancouver, British Columbia, its affiliated companies, and its vendors receive the personal data (or portions thereof) collected on the Services.
As part of the products or services offered to you through the Services, the information you provide to us will be transferred to servers and service providers located in the United States.
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries, which may not have similar data protection laws to Canada.
- With affiliated companies located in the United States;
- With Franchise Owners, area directors, our shareholders, creditors, investors, board of directors, employees, agents and representatives working on our behalf;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including but not limited to credit card processing and order fulfillment if you choose to purchase products or services through the Services;
- Subject to applicable law, with marketing partners or other direct marketers, so they can send you notices about their products or services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of EMFC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with service providers, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5. Security. EMFC takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers or databases, and by using the Services, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you use the Services.
(b) Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
(c) Promotional Communications. Franchise Owners may conduct their own promotional email and other communications; please consult their communications’ terms for information on unsubscribing or otherwise declining future communications.
Elements Massage Franchise Canada Ltd.
Attn: Legal Department
9092 S. Ridgeline Blvd., Suite A
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129